Sunday, January 13, 2019

The reason why *checkwall exist

During that time, I was cleaning up my battleground script template,
I didn't notice the *delwall script command was used twice <-- thanks to Atemo !
thus I made a pull request to throw a debug message when *delwall use twice

it was done that way because I thought *delwall script command is only meant for event script
when event commence = *setwall, and when start = *delwall ... simple as that

then I immediately receive complaints many server throw errors on them because of my pull request
when I ask how they get the error, answer was shocking for me
they actually use the *setwall/*delwall for Utility script !!

I can't remember the conversation or the script, but its something like this


Honestly I have no answer for them at the time ...

and thus the *checkwall script command was added later to fix this issue


Moral of the story : never underestimate the creativity of the community =/
well ... enablenpc/disablenpc ... this script command also doesn't throw error when use multiple times
imagine if we actually throw error for the *disablenpc .... hahaha~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linux compiler error that never shown on Visual Studio

let's just admit Visual Studio sux ... ok ? right now, if you want to host a Private Ragnarok Online server, its just better to choose...